thanks for supporting this blog.
thanks for supporting this blog.
Society's old ways of thinking, including those ideas that tell us that a male should always be taller than a female he is in a relationship, are obsolete. Even so, sometimes we need ways to deal with this kind of role reversal.
- First of all, you must be confident. Your height is something you can do nothing about, and you need to be able to come to terms with that. If you cannot accept yourself the way you are, how can you expect anyone else to? Most of the time, if you are unpreoccupied with something like this, something superficial, your significant other most likely won't be concerned at all.
- Talk about it. In a relationship, one of the most important skills is to be able to communicate with your significant other. Tell her that this is something that you may be sensitive about or even just that you don't want it to become an issue. Most girls won't care.
- You may need to make a decision about whether to date a girl based on her acceptance of your height. In the long run, and even in the short run, height, as with all other superficial aspects of someone's appearance, is extremely unimportant. Much more important is chemistry and enjoyment and acceptance of each other.
- Confidence is key in being able to date a girl taller than yourself
- Do not view yourself as less "manly" in any way because of height
- Make sure that your girlfriend understands that you may not like to be teased about your height
Fingers stretched upwards. Stretch out FULLY (maximum height).
Return to the standing position, inhaling through the nose, slowly.
Why not try placing your palms to the floor, gradually?
Don’t Forget! Enjoy doing your exercises. Do them willingly, with liveliness and enthusiasm.
Congratulations for your perseverance! Success belongs to those who don’t quit. Go on!
Using a long bar, a broom handle etc.
A bar longer than the shoulder width.
Stand as straight as a statue.
Stretch, stretch again. Still further. Turn to the right.
Return to centre, Stretch.Turn to the left.
Return to centre and lower the bar to your thighs.
Try to avoid moving your hips.
Every day, try to increase these movements a little.
Don’t be abrupt in your movements.
Work carefully, m
eticulously and gracefully.
a) Standing position. Feet together.
Arms placed along the body; palms turned to the back.
Execute perfect posture.
Stretch for three (3) seconds.
Return to initial position, exhaling through the mouth.
Keep your legs and arms straight and taut.
Work the right leg a number of times before changing to the le
a) A very good exercise for growing!
Lying on your stomach.
Place arms forwards; palms facing the floor.
b) Raise your right arm and your left leg simultaneously
Stretch and count up to three, holding your breath.
Slowly lower your leg and arm while exhaling.
Alternate: raise the left arm and the right leg, inhaling deeply.
Take note: always keep legs and arms taut.
Through scientific STRETCHING exercises.
That stretching can increase a person’s height was also accidentally discovered and proven in France by Dr. Francois Sambucy, head of the Paris Clinic.
In treating his patients who came to him for relief of spinal pressures and rheumatic ailments, he discovered that traction also increased their height. Some added two inches to their height through it.
When one of his patients discovered that height could be increased by stretching the vertebrae, word traveled fast and soon many flocked to him, not for rheumatic ailments but for an increase in height.
Some of those who came were wives of very tall men, men who wanted to marry tall women; policemen, mailmen — and many others.
"They go through the same stretching treatments given to patients with spinal column problems," he said. "The exercises and stretching did it."
Using the exercises, his patients claimed that their additional height became permanent.
One Col. Atkins, aged 54, of New York testified that he increase his height by 1 1/2 inches by performing specific and recommended exercises.
- Stretch even higher.
- Walk along as though you are trying to reach for something on a high shelf.
- It is important to remember breathe fully and well. To refresh your memory go back and read chapter on breathing.
- Always shoot for the stars.
- To GROW is to surpass yourself. To GROW is to go beyond the norm.
- To GROW is to aim high and to aim tall. Even higher, even taller.
- Standing position
- Place your back to the wall about fifteen (15) inches (38 cm) away.
- Feet together. Arms outstretched in front of you.
- Raise your arms and bend your head and torso backwards.
- When your fingers touch the wall lightly, stretch.
- Notice how your fingers slide up the wall. Always try to go higher.
- Inhale through the nose when you raise your arms; exhale through the mouth when you return to the starting position.
- During the exercise your feet should stay glued to the floor.
- Standing position. Legs apart. Arms raised above your head.
- Pull in your stomach; stick out your chest.
- For at least three (3) seconds, stretch tall.
- Lean to the right, exhaling through the mouth. Stretch your arms outwards for three (3) seconds.
- Return to centre position, inhaling through the nose.
- Stretch upwards for three (3) seconds.
- Then lean to the left, meticulously repeating what was done for the right side.
- The three second stretching principle is Fundamental. Respect this principle to get the best results.
- Always seek perfection.
- Lying on your stomach. Place hands behind the neck.
- Stretch out. Notice how your feet slide back.
- Your legs must stay straight and taut for this exercise.
- Raise the right leg as high and as far back as possible. Stretch for three (3) seconds.
- Lower the leg slowly. Now raise the left leg, repeating the exercise. Good luck in your training.
Height variations explained
At large, the height within different populations varies on societal growth in terms of available health care, education about nutrition, and availability of foods. This explains, why the average height in developed nations is higher than other nations.
Within a given population, the height variation is primarily genetic. As a rule, the height is determined by the height of parents. Mid parental height (MPH) is defined as sum of father's and mother's height divided by two. A boy grows up to be 2 inch taller than the Mid Parental Height. A girl grows up to be 2 inch shorter than the Mid Parental mother's height.
Mid Parental Height (MPH) = ((Height of father) + (Height of Mother)) divided by 2
Male height = MPH (inches) Plus 2
Female height = MPH (inches) Minus 2
Height Growth periods
The height increases from birth to the end of puberty. However, there are three succinct spurts: infancy, between the age of six and eight, and adolescence. A proper diet and health care during these spurts can have dramatic effect on theheight.
Before puberty, the growth plates (the ends of long bones namely arms and legs) are soft and the length can be increased. During puberty, the growth plates (Epiphysis) begin to solidify. Once they are solid (Epiphysis is fused), the growth stops.
The fastest growth period starts at about age 11½ and ends near age 18.
The fastest growth period starts at about age 13½ and ends near age 20. The boys are normally taller girls because of this added two year advantage. Also, Testosterones help the bones to grow longer.
How to increase height
- Human Growth Hormones
- In 2003, the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of Human Growth Hormones for children with low growth hormones. This treatment is only good before growth plates are fused.
- Leg Lengthening surgery
- After the growth plates are fused, the only option available is Leg Lengthening surgery.
The diet can dramatically help increase height during spurts before growth plates are fused. The diet must be balanced with all food groups (grains, fruits, vegetables, meat/beans). The emphasis should be on Calcium rich foods and foods high in proteins. The following items need special attention.
Milk Milk in United States is fortified with Vitamin D. Take Vitamin D supplement if milk is not fortified.
Green vegetables (Spinach, Mustard Greens, Collard Greens, Kale)
High protein items such as skinless chicken, trimmed meats
Vegetarians may chose soybean products such as Tofu or Tempeh
Exercise can help increase height specially during puberty. The exercise should involve extending body vertically, examples: swimming, basketball, volleyball
Avoid use of tobacco products (smoking, chewing tobacco).
Avoid confined environment (stale air)
- Standing position. Heels together, feet at a forty-five degree angle.
- Stomach in. Fingers meshed at the nape of the neck.
- Elbows reaching backwards. Stand as straight as possible.
- Bend forward at the hip, exhaling through the mouth.
- Return to original position, inhaling through the nose.
- To be effective, you must keep your elbows well back and legs stiff.
- Do your exercises every day and do them WELL.
- Standing position.
- With your back about five (5) inches away from the wall.
- Feet together. Arms extended in front of you at shoulder height.
- Keeping your arms extended, move them upwards and backwards until your fingers touch the wall lightly. At the same time, lift yourself up to a tip-toe position.
- Remember: Inhale through the nose when lifting, exhale through the mouth when lowering.
- When doing this exercise, imagine you are reaching for something on a top shelf.
- When you touch the wall, stretch for at least three (3) seconds.
- VARIATION: Do the same exercise but with your body against the wall.
- Standing position. Right leg forward.
- Arms up at the side at shoulder level. Hold head up high.
- Reaching as far as possible each time, turn to the right.
- Your legs and hips do not move and your feet stay in place.
- When you have done this as often as you have decided, place your left leg forward and turn to the left in an equal number of movements.
- Lie down on your back.
- Stretch out. Place your arms above your head, palms up.
- Stretch your legs outwards, toes pointing out.
- Stretch your whole body as much as possible.
- Alternative exercise.
- Your right hand grasps your left foot. Return to the floor position and stretch for at least three (3) seconds.
- Now the left hand grasps the right foot.
- Try to keep your legs straight. Doing your best is doing well.
First of all, let me begin by saying that being short does not go against the concept of beauty as defined by society. It is absolutely fine to look short. Shorter people are cute, cuddly and come across as lovable and huggable! Good things do come in small packages. However, if you feel you would still like to add a few more inches to your height, don those three-inch stilettos and read on.
Opt for a single coloured outfit. Don't try and pair a blouse with contrast trousers, as once a colour break is introduced it cuts down your height, making you look shorter. A single colour from top to bottom adds to the illusion of height. You could add a second colour to your ensemble by accessorizing it. Wear a scarf around your neck or carry a contrasting handbag. Add still more pizzaz to your monochromatic outfit by contrasting fabrics and textures. Blue denim with a blue satin blouse, brown leather pants with a brown chiffon blouse.
Wear a scarf with one end hanging down. This makes you look taller. If you wear a jacket or cardigan, wear it unbuttoned to add to the vertical and lengthening effect. Similarly, chose long necklaces over chokers, hanging earrings and loops over studs. Big belts appear to cut you in half and make you look shorter, so you should best avoid them. Wear heels.
Match your shoes to your trousers, not to your top. Nothing adds height more than wearing a pair of shoes exactly the colour of your trousers. Doing this elongates the legs. If you are wearing black trousers with a white top, which we have already told you is a bad idea, you may be tempted to wear white shoes. True, it goes with the look, but remember, we are trying to make you look taller and black heels will do the job far better than white stilettos. Similarly, match the hue of your stockings to your skirt or pant.
Any strips on your outfit should be vertical, not horizontal. Vertical stripes not only make you look taller, but they make you look slimmer as well. Thus if you are top heavy and have a big bust, you could wear a top with vertical stripes, while if you want your hips to look slimmer, you could wear striped pants. Thankfully colourful striped pants are very trendy, so invest in a pair.
Add height to your tresses. Wearing your hair up in a ponytail or bun makes your neck look longer and is a better idea than wearing your hair loose, and the higher your ponytail, the better it looks. If short hair suits you, cut it off to above your ears - but once again, only if it suits you! The idea is for you to look tall so you can look better, not worse! Not many women can carry off short hair, so if you can, go for it! Essentially, if short and long hair both look good on you, go for short. Similarly v-neck tops make your neck look longer, consequently making you look a little taller.
If you are even a little overweight, you will look plumper and shorter. Tall people can carry off excess fat with no one noticing, but unfortunately shorter people cannot. The good news is, if you shed a little weight, you gain a little height as well, so if you can lose a few more pounds, do so. If you are slim enough, don't lose any more weight. Looking too skinny ruins the 'cute' factor of being short!
Wear skirts that are longer in length than in width. Alternatively, pair a long jacket with a mini.
And finally, the most effective tip of all, hang out hang out with people shorter than you!
- Standing position.
- Stand as straight as possible, arms along side the body, hands open.
- Place feet at a forty-five degree angle, heels touching each other.
- Raise your arms sideways as you lift yourself to a tip-toe position.
- Hold this position for at least three (3) seconds.
- Notice the position of the hands and feet:
- Thumbs and heels are touching tightly.
Don’t forget: INhale through the nose when lifting, EXhale through the mouth when lowering.
- Standing position. Feet well apart.
- Long bar or hockey stick resting on the shoulders.
- Stretch upwards as high as possible.
- Bend to the right side exhaling through the mouth.
- Hold this position for at least three (3) seconds.
- Return to centre inhaling through the nose. Stretch for three (3) seconds.
- Bend to the left as you did for right side.
N.B: Do not move your hips and keep your legs stiff during this exercise.
- Standing position. Feet apart.
- Using a weight of not more than five (5) Lbs (2 Kg) or a dictionary.
- IMPORTANT: Arms remain extended and upright.
- Bend forward exhaling through the mouth.
- REMEMBER: The forward stretch must last at least three (3) seconds.
- Return, stretching backwards inhaling deeply through the nose.
- Stretch back further, saying “I AM GROWING”.
- This is another excellent growth exercise which adds to your height, so long as you concentrate and execute the procedure PERFECTLY
- Lie down on your back.
- Stretch out your arms above your head as much as possible – face the palms of your hands upwards.
- Bring in your right knee to your chest while stretching your left leg outwards as far forward as possible.
- Now bring in your left knee to your chest while stretching your right leg outwards as far forward as possible.
- Repeat and alternate for any fixed number of times.
- Notice that the legs never touch the floor and the toes are pointed outwards.