Society's old ways of thinking, including those ideas that tell us that a male should always be taller than a female he is in a relationship, are obsolete. Even so, sometimes we need ways to deal with this kind of role reversal.
- First of all, you must be confident. Your height is something you can do nothing about, and you need to be able to come to terms with that. If you cannot accept yourself the way you are, how can you expect anyone else to? Most of the time, if you are unpreoccupied with something like this, something superficial, your significant other most likely won't be concerned at all.
- Talk about it. In a relationship, one of the most important skills is to be able to communicate with your significant other. Tell her that this is something that you may be sensitive about or even just that you don't want it to become an issue. Most girls won't care.
- You may need to make a decision about whether to date a girl based on her acceptance of your height. In the long run, and even in the short run, height, as with all other superficial aspects of someone's appearance, is extremely unimportant. Much more important is chemistry and enjoyment and acceptance of each other.
- Confidence is key in being able to date a girl taller than yourself
- Do not view yourself as less "manly" in any way because of height
- Make sure that your girlfriend understands that you may not like to be teased about your height