- Sleep in a room that is dark, quiet and fresh smelling.
- It is important to sleep in a well ventilated room. Don’t be afraid to open a window, even in winter. It is better to put on an extra woollen blanket than to breathe in stale air.
- A hard bed will assure the well-being of your spine. If your bed is too soft, you can put a ¾” (2cm) sheet of plywood under your mattress.
- A big pillow hinders your breathing and tires out your neck. Personally I don’t use a pillow. As a teenager I read that it was better to sleep without a pillow. One night, I tried to do without but that night I felt the need for a pillow by early morning. I tried again the next night and the habit was broken. It would be better for your spinal column to place a pillow under your knees.
- To really get the taste of a good night sleep, your sheets and nightwear should be nice and clean. Your room should be clean. It is unhealthy to inhale dust.
in a curled up position should be avoided. You must stretch out. Sleeping
- As a rule, eight hours of sleep is sufficient. However, certain organisms only need five hours of sleep per night, while others need ten hours of sleep. During the growth period or adolescence, the body needs more sleep than less. To fully benefit from my course, you should get a sufficient amount of sleep. I recommend you establish a regular routine throughout the day as well as a fixed hour for going to bed.
- Drink a big glass of water before going to bed and when you wake up; this will help clean out your system. Milk can also help you sleep. It contains an amino acid called tryptophane. Which produces the effect of a sedative. To sleep well try to avoid huge meals in the evening as well as stimulants like coffee, tea, cola or chocolate.
- Practice total relaxation and breathing fully. Relax from head to toe. Close your eyes and relax every part of your body by going through each part in your mind. Do complete breathing exercises by following the three phases; (1) Inhale slowly and deeply through the nose; (2) Hold your breath and stretch; (3) Exhale slowly and fully through the mouth while tightening the abdominal muscles.
- In conclusion, I would advise: “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”. Be in harmony with nature. The more we distance ourselves from nature the more we become unhappy and out of touch with ourselves.